Greater Western Sydney Leadership on Show at the 31st Annual Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence Gala
Winners for the 31st Annual Western Sydney Awards for Business Excellence (WSABE) platform, founded by the Parramatta Chamber of Commerce were announced on Wednesday 24th November 2021 at the Annual WSABE Awards Gala at ATC, Rosehill Gardens.
Nearly 700 of Greater Western Sydney’s key professionals, businesses and business leaders attended the ‘Back in Black’ themed Awards Gala in a shared celebration of hope and resilience that has been put on show by Greater Western Sydney’s business community.
Hosted by Master of Ceremonies and prominent media personality, Stephanie Brantz Director on the Board of Football NSW, and Chair of DFAT’s Sports Diplomacy Advisory, the 2021 WSABE Awards Gala was interlaced with a specially curated cultural segment, celebrity comedian interaction by Tahir Bilgiç, fine-dining experience, and multiple addresses from our key stakeholders.
2021 WSABE winners were conferred across twenty dynamic award categories recognising excellence across a broad range of industries and fields.
In addition to the entry-based award categories, two other winners were also conferred. The Hon. Alan Cadman’s Patrons Choice Award, which recognises an organisation’s outstanding contributions to the wider community was awarded to DCL Engineering Pty Ltd. The Commonwealth Bank Business of the Year Award, which is awarded to one of twenty category winners in recognition of overall business excellence, was conferred to Booktopia Pty Ltd.
WSABE 2021 Category Winners:
- AAA City Removalist Outstanding Business Leader – Michael Campbell, WestWords
- Australian Turf Club Excellence in Professional Services – Australian Chiropractors Association
- Business NSW Excellence in Business – Icon Metal Pty Ltd
- City of Parramatta Excellence in Customer Service – CommBank Stadium
- City of Parramatta Excellence in Innovation – Trafalgar Group Pty Ltd
- Commonwealth Bank Excellence in Arts & Culture – WestWords
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade Excellence in Export – Zifam Pinnacle Pty Ltd
- DOOLEYS Outstanding Young Employee – Sukanya Suryakumar, Adactin Group Pty Ltd
- DOOLEYS Excellence in Social Enterprise – Hume Community Housing
- EN-LINC Excellence in Micro Business – Cocky Guides
- HomeWorld Excellence in Small Business – Blueberry Hills on Comleroy Pty Ltd
- Parra Leagues Start Up Superstar – Blue Mountains Stargazing
- Parramatta Light Rail Excellence in Sustainability – Blue Eco Homes
- The Alternative Board Excellence in Manufacturing – TR Savage & Son Pty Ltd
- University of New England Excellence in Education, Training & Careers – MWLP – Linking Youth
- Wenty Leagues Outstanding Employer of Choice – Wakeling Automotive
- WSABE Excellence in Retail – Booktopia Pty Ltd
- WSABE Excellence in Marketing – Trafalgar Group Pty Ltd
Keynote Address and engagement through digital channels commending all finalists on their resilience, innovation, and adaptability throughout the challenging year of 2021 was received and welcomed by WSABE patrons from Senator for New South Wales The Hon Marise Payne MP, The Dominic Perrottet MP, Premier of New South Wales, Hon Geoff Lee MP, Senator the Hon Kristina Keneally and Hon Julie Owens MP.
With so many unprecedented challenges facing businesses across Australia in 2021, WSABE would like to extend their gratitude to more than 400 applicants that engaged across the WSABE Platform, a sustainable campaign delivered over a twelve-month period.
The WSABE also extends their congratulations to all winners and finalists, who showcased their ability to adapt and endure under challenging circumstances and were able to separate themselves in what was one of the platform’s most competitive years.
The WSABE would like to acknowledge the ongoing support of the WSABE Alliance, who enabled WSABE to engage with businesses from more than 150 postcodes across the entire Greater Western Sydney region. Including our media partner Access News.
Finally, we would like to extend their sincere gratitude to Principal Partner, Commonwealth Bank and Major Sponsor, City of Parramatta. Including our Category Sponsors, AAA City Removalist, The Alternative Board, The Australian Turf Club, Business NSW, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, DOOLEYS Lidcombe Catholic Club, EN-LINC, HomeWorld Group of Companies, Parra Leagues, Parramatta Light Rail, UNE Sydney, and Wenty Leagues.
You can view WSABE Partners and the WSABE Alliance here.
For further information on this media release please email firstname.lastname@example.org.